1. Review of the Associations Election Rules, Bylaws and CC&Rs.
2. Assign an inspector of election to over see the election process.
3. Prepare an election action calendar, detailing deadlines specific to the process.
4. Prepare and distribute the “1st General Notice” - Candidate Solicitation - 90 days before the annual meeting.
5. Prepare and distribute the “2nd General Notice” - List of Candidates & Meeting Details - 60 days before the annual meeting.
6. Prepare and distribute the election material and voting ballot - 30 days before the annual meeting.
7. Receive all secret ballots by mail, or during the registration period prior to the Annual Meeting.
8. Prepare and distribute an Election Reminder Mailer - 15 days before the annual meeting (Highly recommended to help achieve quorum).
1. Provide election inspector(s).
2. Attend the Annual Meeting, confirm if quorum has been met and if so, tabulate the votes. (If quorum is not achieved on the first attempt, we will attend the adjourned meetings thereafter.)
3. Verbally report the election results to those in attendance.
4. Provide an “Election Certification” to the Manager or Board Representative within 48 hours.
1. Prepare and distribute the “Election Results” to the membership - within 15 days after the annual meeting.
2. Secure and store election ballots for one (1) year.
3. Deliver the election material back to the Association, in accordance with Civil Code.
4. Keep the association and the management company up-to-date with HOA new laws.